Practice Exams : Professional Scrum Kanban (PSK)
Practice Exams and Explanations.
What you will learn
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) Practice Exam Questions and Detailed Explanations.
All Questions and Answers based on the Latest Scrum Guide. (November 2020)
Compliant with the Latest Kanban Guide. (January 2021)
Kanban Definition, Kanban Values and Principles, Kanban Workflows and Value Stream.
Pull and Push System, Service Level Agreement and SLE.
Kanban Practice (Kanban Board, Limiting WIP etc.).
Detailed Explanations - Basic Metrix (Work in Progress, Cycle Time, Work Item Age and Throughput) & Summary Tables.
Batch Size, Little Law, ScrumButs, Flow based Events and Roles.
Metrics (Work in Progress, Cycle Time, Work Item Age and Throughput) Questions and Detailed Explanations.
Welcome! Congratulations on taking the first important step towards preparing for the Professional Scrum Kanban (PSK) Exam! Professional Scrum Kanban (PSK) is an advanced assessment created to test your knowledge about the Kanban and its application in the real world.
This course contains questions and answers created for the Professional Scrum Kanban (PSK) Examination. Information in this course references:
The Scrum Guide. (Nov 2020)
The Kanban Guide. (Jan 2021)
Scrum Forums (Scrum .org).
Other Kanban Sites.
The actual PSK assessment is structured like the PSK I Exam. It comprises of 45 multiple choice questions. You would have 60 minutes to complete the assessment. The score to achieve the certification is 85%+. You get only one attempt (upon payment of fee) and you would get the choice to decide when and where to the exam. There is no expiration date. You are not required to attend an assessment center and can take it from the comfort of your own home. If you do not pass the exam, you can retake the exam, however you would have to pay the fees again. This course contains questions and extended explanations / answers which will help you prepare for the following topics:
Kanban Definition, Kanban Values and Principles, Kanban Workflows and Value Stream
Pull and Push System, Service Level Agreement and SLE
Kanban Practice (Kanban Board, Limiting WIP etc.)
Basic Metrics ( Work in Progress, Cycle Time, Work Item Age and Throughput). Summary tables to help summarize and memorize the same.
Batch Size, ScrumButs, Flow based Events and Roles
1. This course contains Questions and Answers which will help you prepare for the Scrum .org exam. This course is not a replacement for the Scrum Guide, the scrum learning paths or the scrum. org assessments. One has to read the Scrum Guide and go through the learnings paths found on scrum. org (multiple times) to understand the concepts well. This is not optional.
2. The Questions and Answers in this practice exam are not a replica nor a replacement of the Open Assessments found at https://www.scrum .org/.
3. Based on the guidelines provided by Scrum .org, none of the questions are copied from the Open Assessments found at https://www.scrum .org/. If similar questions exist, then it's merely a coincidence. The underlying concepts however are similar if not the same.
4. The Questions which appear on the exam along with the answers will be different from what you find in this practice exam.
Following are the steps for taking (and passing) the Scrum .org Professional Scrum Kanban (PSK) assessment and obtaining the certification:
1. If you are new to Scrum and have never been part of a Scrum team, taking a PSM I course is recommended. Attend a Scrum .org Professional Scrum Master I course.
2. Prepare for or Revisit PSM I Exam.
3. Carefully Read the Scrum Guide and the Kanban Guide on Scrum .org.
4. Read the following articles by Yuval Yeret on Scrum (dot) org :
A) 4 Key Flow Metrics and how to use them in Scrum's events.
B) Limiting Work in Progress (WIP) in Scrum with Kanban - What? When? Who? How?
C) Kanban Service Level Expectations and how to use them in Scrum.
D) A Scrum Primer for Kanban Teams.
E) A Kanban Primer for Scrum Teams.
5. Go through the questions and answers. These questions were compiled very carefully. Go through the answers and make sure you understand the concepts. Make sure you go through the answers explanations regardless of whether you answered the questions correctly or not.
6. Take the Scrum Open Assessment and Kanban Open Assessment on Scrum .org until you can do the assessment quickly and score close to 100% three times in a row. Few Questions which are asked on the exam are the exact same.
7. You can choose buy the book Quick Reference Guide & Exam Questions - PSK (ISBN: ISBN: 9781732657984). This guide systematically highlights all the important information present on the Scrum Guide, Learning Paths, Websites and other Forums needed for the PSK Exam.
Note: The statements made and opinions expressed herein belong exclusively to the creator of this course and are not shared by or represent the viewpoint of Scrum .org. This training does not constitute an endorsement of any product, service or point of view. Scrum .org makes no representations, warranties or assurances of any kind, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, availability or currency of the content contained in this presentation or any material related to this presentation. In no event shall Scrum .org, its agents, officers, employees, licensees or affiliates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business information, loss of information) arising out of the information or statements contained in the training. Any reliance you place on such content is strictly at your own risk.