4.70 (18 reviews)
☑ Writing romance
☑ Romance novels
☑ Creative writing
☑ Planning a novel
Who doesn’t like a good love story? Romance is one of the most consistently popular and high-performing genres of fiction. And in the ever-growing online fiction market, a hit romance title can reach thousands or even millions of fans worldwide. But how do you go about writing a romance novel? This course will show you how to begin.
In this course developed by romance editors, we outline the major trends in the genre and strategies for planning and writing your novel. Each unit guides you through the next step of creating your story, providing both handy tips and in-depth analysis to help you craft a romance that readers will love.
If you are…
· An aspiring writer starting your first romance novel;
· An experienced writer making your first foray into the romance market;
· A seasoned romance author seeking to learn how you can find success on new, trendy digital publishing platforms;
. . . Then this course is for you!
This course covers:
· A general introduction to the romance genre;
· The major sub-genres of romance and their unique features;
· Character creation and popular character traits;
· Relationship tropes and developing compelling dynamics;
· Plot development and pacing out a love story.
Who are we?
eGlobal Creative Publishing Inc. is an e-publishing company based in New York State. We operate a growing publishing program which partners with online platforms to bring authors’ works to international audiences. Our mission is to promote global literature and to create opportunities for authors to explore new online fiction media.
What is Romance Fiction?
Defining Romance Novels
Why Do People Love Romance?
Romance in Serial Online Fiction
Subgenres of Romance
Young Adult Romance
Characters in Romance
The Love Interest
Other Supporting Characters
Structure and Plot
The Need for Good Conflict
How to Pace a Romance
When is the Story Over?
As a rookie novel writer, I really wanna learn some tips to write a well-liked novel. These lessons really came in handy in a way, taught me some techniques that can really engage readers and pique their interest to keep reading. Great!
This is a phenomenal course that dives into the intricacies of Romance in Serial Online Fiction. I would recommend this to any author looking to break into the world of Romance!