Power of Perl :: Learn Basic and Advanced Perl Programming
Crash course covering basic & advanced Perl scripting. A must have for Digital VLSI Design and Verification enthusiasts.
What you will learn
Thoroughly Learn, Develop, Test, and Hone Programming Skills in Perl
Prepare for a Job in the IT/Semiconductor Industry
Be prepared to face an Interview with confidence
Use Perl to solve important problems
Perl stands for Practical Extraction and Reporting Language. It was developed in 1987 by Larry Wall, and it has evolved over time. It’s a High-Level Scripting Language supporting powerful regular expressions.
- It starts with a video on how to get a working Perl setup and progresses on to discuss very basic concepts in the beginning. Moving further, it sheds light on more advanced Perl constructs and capabilities, which are more useful and relevant to the present day Industry.
- It's pretty hands-on course where each line of the code is discussed in-depth and impact of change in any line of the code is shown real-time on a Perl Interpreter.
- Perl is used extensively in the Digital VLSI industry. It’s used across multiple verticals - Design, Design Verification, Automation, CAD, Tools, etc. and hence this course is useful for anyone and everyone looking to learn about (or enhance) Perl, and land a Job in the Industry (Semiconductor or IT)
- Regular Expressions,
- File Read and Write Operations,
- Excel SpreadSheet Read and Write Operations,
- Interfacing with MSSQL databases,
- Generating HTML formatted content, and
- Creating/Using Perl Modules
Aim of this Course
Is to help:
Beginners get started with Perl,
Professional hone their Perl skill set, and
Experts refresh their Perl knowledge,
2. Course Overview
3. Finding Perl
4. Perl Basics – Getting Started
First Perl Program, Data Types, Operators, Loops, Conditional Statements, Subroutines
5. Regular Expressions
Special Characters, Quantifiers, Anchors
6. File Read and Write Operations
Few Facts, File Checks, File Read, Write, Append, and Read Write
7. SpreadSheet Read and Write Operations (including various formatting operations)
Relevant Modules to use, SpreadSheet Read, SpreadSheet Write (with various formatting operations)
8. Interfacing with MSSQL databases
SQL Basics (How to create a database and table, how to use a database, how to insert into, query from and delete from a database), Using Perl to connect to MSSQL database and perform various different table operations.
9. Generating HTML formatted content (Using User created Perl Module)
HTML very brief overview, How to create and use a Perl Module, Generate HTML formatted content in Perl using the generated Perl Module.
Why Use Perl?
- Perl is High Level Interpreted language with faster development time and is well suited to perform many automation tasks
- Can help secure a Job as its widely used in the Industry (IT and Semiconductor)
- In Digital VLSI Industry, it’s used across multiple verticals - Design, Design Verification, Automation, CAD, Tools, etc.
- It facilitates easy creation of multiple applications using large number of inbuilt modules
Every effort has been made to make this course as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty is implied. The author shall have neither the liability nor the responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from the information contained in this course or other resources accompanying this course.
This course is an independent work of the author and is not endorsed by his employer.