Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
Business, Objectives of business, Industry types, Commerce, Trade and Auxiliaries to trade, Business Risks & its causes
What you will learn
1. What is the meaning of Business? What are the important characteristics of business?
2. What is the difference between Business, Profession and Employment?
3. What is the meaning of Industry? What are the various types of industries?
4. What are the two types of activities which are included in commerce?
5. What is the meaning and nature of Business Risks? What are the causes of risks involved in business?
6. How does business contribute to the economic development of a country?
In this course, we will discuss:
1. What is the meaning of business? Why is business considered an economic activity?
2. What is the difference between Economic activities and non-Economic activities?
3. What are the important characteristics of business?
4. Compare business with profession and employment.
5. Explain a few objectives of the business.
6. Explain business activities that are auxiliaries to trade.
7. What factors are to be considered while starting a business? Explain.
8. How would you classify business activities?
9. Define Industry. Explain various types of industries giving examples.
10. Describe the activities relating to commerce.
11. What is meant by business risk? Write a few lines on the nature of business risks.
12. State the causes of risks involved in the business?
13. Business enterprises constantly face two types of risk. What are those risks?
14. How does business contribute to the economic development of a country?
15. Critical analysis of business's role in India's growth and development.
16. If a businessman has “Profit maximization” as his sole objective, can he succeed in the long run?
17. All industries are dependent on each other and affect each other’s functioning? Discuss.
18. What do you mean by Internal Trade, External Trade, and Entrepot trade?