Engineering Mechanics: Statics Complete (Course & Examples)
A branch of Mechanics concerned with Analysis of Loads acting on Physical Systems that are in Statics Equilibrium.
What you will learn
Use the Sine and Cosine law to find magnitude and direction
Find components of a force on X,Y & support reactions.
Express a force as cartesian vector.
Determine the deformed and undeformed length.
Finding moment and couple Moment
Understanding the difference between Dot Product & Cross Product and when to use them.
How to draw a Free Body Diagram of each part of a frame.
Determine Area and centroid by integration
make sections and find internal forces.
Drawing Shear and Moment diagram.
Finding centroid of a Composite Area.
Determining the Hydrostatic Force.
Why to study Statics :
- Statics is the first course (mechanics course) taken by engineering students at university.
- It is an important course, it is the base of some courses (Strength of Materials, Structure, Steel Structures, etc.)
- Understanding forces and bodies reactions.
- Allows you to understand and solve problems very efficiently.
Why this course?
- This course is following the outline of (University Courses), so if you are still an engineering student this is for you.
- This course will be updated regularly, some videos will be updated and new will be added.
- There is a lot of examples and problems that can make you fully understand and to be self confident.
- High response rate, so if you have any question you can send me instantly.
What will you learn?
This course will cover a lot of topics and here is some of the important points:
- Vectors Operations
- Addition of Cartesian vectors
- Position Vector
- Force Directed along a line
- Drawing Free Body Diagram (F.B.D)
- Moment, Couple Moment and Moment about an axis
- Distributed Load Reduction
- Equilibrium in 2D & 3D
- Method of Joints & Sections (in Trusses)
- Machines and Frames
- Internal forces (Making Sections)
Before enrolling in this course, make sure you have the basic requirements of Physics(101) & Calculus(101). We will be using Physical and Mathematical Laws, like: newton's laws, integrals and derivatives. So you should be familiar with such concepts.
Engineering Mechanics Statics (14th) edition, you can use this book as a perfect reference, it is widely used among students and tutors.
- I will make updates on regular bases, so you will have new videos and lectures.
- If you faced a problem during this course, I will be for sure in assistance (I might make a video especially for you and upload it).
In simple words, all you need is here. So enroll now and begin this amazing journey.