4.15 (36 reviews)
☑ Create cool SVG icons that can be used on your web pages, apps and projects in Inkscape
☑ Create cartoon Characters in SVG (with paths) and Inkscape
☑ Create multiple SVG graphical elements with Inkscape - shapes (rectangles, circles, ellipses, star, spirals), lines, polygons, paths, groups, links, etc.
☑ Create different types of text and effects using Inkscape
☑ Create real world SVG projects and illustrations in minutes using Inkscape
☑ Learn everything you need to work with Inkscape to create awesome SVG illustrations
☑ Create professional scalable vector graphics and illustrations by mastering what you need in Inkscape in just a few hours
☑ Create awesome graphics without mastering complicated code and syntax
☑ Create children's illustrations and designs in 15 minutes or less and become an illustrator
☑ Learn the skills to become a freelance Children's book illustrator and/or a cartoon illustrator
Have you heard about Inkscape lately? Are you a programmer who hates graphic design? But do you still want to create awesome 2D vector graphics for your web projects?
Or, maybe you are an artist who wants to create graphical illustrations and would like to learn an easy way to do so.
Or are you a graphic designer who wants to learn how to create SVG graphics and illustrations?
Then, Inkscape with SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is way to go!
Forget mastering complicated graphic design software that take months to master. You can now create every kind of vector graphics with just a few clicks and drags of your mouse with Inkscape. No programming skills needed, at all!
Spend a few hours learning a bunch of Inkscape tools and features, and you'll be creating awesome SVG graphics and designs in no time at all!
Every programmer can become a pro designer now, and every artist can go digital with barely any technical knowledge now!
What will you learn in our course?
You will learn:
1. How to create multiple SVG graphical elements with Inkscape - shapes (rectangles, circles, ellipses, star, spirals), lines, polygons, bezier curves, etc.
2. How to create paths, lines and curves that can be used to design complicated structures, shapes, characters and scenes.
3. How to style every single SVG element you create professionally.
4. How to create different types of text and effects using Inkscape
5. How to create scalable vector icons and logos with SVG.
6. How to create 2D cartoon characters that can be used in web animations and games.
7. How to create real world SVG projects and illustrations in minutes using Inkscape
8. How to create children's illustrations and designs in 15 minutes or less and become an illustrator
9. Learn the skills to become a freelance Children's book illustrator and/or a cartoon illustrator
and so much more!
What are some real world applications of what you learn in this course?
By applying the concepts you learn in this course, you can code and design:
1. Graphics for your websites
2. 2D characters and scenes for web animations and web games
3. 2D graphs and pictorial reports that can be used in presentations
4. Bar charts, pie charts, etc.
5. Scalable vector icons and logos that can be displayed in websites, mobile browsers, ipads etc.
6. Flow charts, architectural designs etc.
7. Children's illustrations and graphics
Sky is the limit! You can apply what you learn here anywhere in the web space, in any sphere.
Your imagination is your only obstacle to how you apply what you learn here in your real world projects.
How is this course designed?
Our course has 6 modules, where each module will thoroughly explain the intricacies of one of the concepts in SVG with a wealth of over-the-shoulder examples.
Here are the modules:
Module 1 - Inkscape basics & tools explanation - This is the foundations module. You'll learn how to create SVG files, how to embed the codes/images in your HTML websites, how the SVG coordinate system works and every other thing you need to get started with creating SVG.
Module 2 - Creating various SVG shapes with Inkscape - Rectangles, ellipses, stars, polygon - You'll learn how to create rectangles, circles, ellipses, stars, 3D boxes, spirals and polygons with a wealth of examples in every single lessons. You'll be creating the shapes along with me in every single module so you understand the concepts better. You'll also learn how to manipulate the shapes in multiple ways to get the best possible result.
Module 3 - Creating styled text, free-hand drawing and brush strokes with Inkscape - In this module, you'll learn how to literally draw text on your SVG images, design them, manipulate them, create brush strokes, calligraphy, free hand drawings (with a cartoon drawing) and so much more.
Module 4 - Grouping, Layers, paths, Bezier curves, lines, node, Rows & Columns etc. - This module handles some very important concepts in SVG - Paths, groups, nodes, Bezier curves. You'll learn how to group multiple objects in Inkscape so they can be manipulated together. Also, you'll learn how to create very complicated graphics with the Bezier curves and node tool.
Module 5 - Styling, gradients, patterns and so much more - In this module, you'll learn how to style the objects you create in multiple ways - using colors, gradients, patterns and so much more. You'll also learn how to use the dropper and Tweak tools
Module 6 - Real world SVG projects - This is a very important module when you take the design aspect of the course into account. In this module, we'll go over the various design attributes and properties offered by SVG. You'll use these properties to create multiple designs for your shapes and elements, designs that'll give your graphics the professional touch they need.
We also cover a lot of examples and projects, like:
1. Children's book illustrations - We'll be creating
2. Cartoon animal face project - This project comes in the 3rd module as well. You'll be using circles, ellipses, paths, arcs etc to create a cute 2D animal face.
3. SVG Icons - We'll be creating a bunch of icons (laptop icon, clock icon, phone icon etc) in this project.
Why should you choose our course?
1. We like to be thorough in our teaching. You'll find everything you need to start creating awesome 2D vector graphics with SVG code/syntaxes in this course. You won't have to look anywhere else.
2. We strongly advocate learning by doing, rather than just listening or reading. Our lectures are filled with a wealth of examples that explain every concept clearly.
3. If you follow along with our examples in our over-the-shoulder training, and code the graphics along with us, you'll be confident in embarking into the world of SVG and web graphic design/development by the time you finish our course. You'll be able to confidently add this as a skill in your resume.
4. We prefer creating fun projects to explain the concepts and to keep things interesting as well. You'll learn how to apply the concepts you learn in the course in these multiple projects and examples.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll now and start creating awesome SVG (Scalar Vector Graphics) with Inkscape in no time at all!
Inkscape basics & tools explanation
An overview of Inkscape and document properties
A brief explanation of the left menu options
A brief explanation & demonstration of the right menu options ( + cloning)
Creating various SVG shapes with Inkscape - Rectangles, ellipses, stars, polygon
Drawing and manipulating Rectangles and squares in Inkscape
Drawing and manipulating Rectangles and squares in Inkscape part 2
3D boxes - Drawing and manipulating them
Ellipses & circpes - Drawing and manipulating them
Stars & Polygons - Drawing and manipulating them
Spirals - Drawing and manipulating them
Creating styled text, free-hand drawing and brush strokes with Inkscape
Creating text & text effects & manipulating them
Creating different types of calligraphies and brush strokes
The wonders of the free hand tool and multiple ways to make use of it
Grouping, Layers, paths, Bezier curves, lines, node, Rows & Columns etc.
Grouping objects to manipulate them together
Using layers in Inkscape
Aligning and distributing your SVG objects in Inkscape
Arranging your SVG objects in Rectangular grids & polar coordinates
Drawing different Bezier curves and paths and manipulating them with nodes
Converting objects into paths and using nodes to manipulate them
Converting text into paths and creating multiple effects
Styling, gradients, patterns and so much more
Filling your shapes with colors and strokes & multiple options
Creating linear and radial gradients and manipulating them on your objects
Creating mesh gradients and different types of patterns on objects
Stroke gradients, patterns & stylings
Using the dropper tool & tweak tools to create various effects
Real world projects
Children's illustrations part 1
Children's illustrations part 1
Cartoon rabbit face illustration
Create SVG icons
Bonus lecture: Continue your journey!
A little better English-speaking person would be better for those of us in the United States. But when I slowed down the playback speed, it helped me to understand a little better. Thank you. It also appears that this instructor is figuring it out as she goes. Numerous times she will mumble on and click rapidly all over the screen so you don't know what in the world is going on. She also repeats lessons from previous courses. It gets a little mundane and boring.
I really enjoyed your Course. I didn't experience on programs like this at all. But you walked me through it & helped me achieve a goal. Thank you so much!!!
There is too much repetition. I was hoping to learn about exporting and optimisation of SVG. At the end (lesson 29) constructing one complete icon with shadow would have been preferable to three icons going over the same ground again. This lesson lent itself to using the align features which was not done. This would have made the icons well constructed and production ready. If I could I would want a refund