4.51 (670 reviews)
☑ You will have a step-by-step process to shoot excellent looking and sounding videos!
☑ Gain a film school level understanding of how to shotlist, light, frame, shoot, and capture crystal clear audio!
☑ Get the confidence needed to film social media content, client projects, or personal projects from the ground up!
☑ Expand your creativity, production quality, cinematography, and passion as a video creator!
☑ Understand key video principles that you can use in all of your future projects!
☑ Hands-on exercises to improve your skillset and gain real life video creating experience!
☑ Tell stories in your videos that you are proud wether you're shooting on a camera or smartphone!
☑ Learn the techniques that make people share, like, comment, and engage with your video content!
Do you want your videos to be better looking, sounding, creative, shareable, engaging, and impressive to watch?
Are you wanting to get the most out of shooting on your smartphone, DSLR, or mirrorless camera?
Perfect! You've made it to the right video production course!
By the end of this course, you'll have the skillset and film school level understanding of:
1. First Hand Film Set Experience
To begin, you'll join me on the set of a high end client shoot to see a behind the scenes look at how the video production process really works. These lessons are packed with key filmmaking fundamentals and concepts for the rest of the course material to build on top of.
• Set up and choose the best way to shoot your specific video
• Main steps to film a cooler looking and cinematic project
• Cinematography and composition fundamentals
• Techniques to maximize your location and time while shooting
• Creatively use your lenses, surrounding, and camera
2. Get the Most Out of Your Camera Settings
Getting great looking shots first starts with getting your camera set up properly. Here, you'll get crystal clear on how to set your camera's functions, settings, and parameters. These foundational learning lessons will give you the confidence to get out and start shooting.
• Learn how to effectively use all of the functions and settings on your camera
• Get the perfect exposure with ISO, shutter speed, and aperture
• Create a great looking image with white balance and frame rate
• Use picture profile and focal length for your specific shooting style
• Utilize your camera's latitude and dynamic range
3. Light and Shoot Your Scenes Like a Pro
Now that you have a rock solid understanding of your camera, here's where we'll use lighting and video production techniques to make your videos shine. These hands-on lessons will give you the tools to create stunning looking images using natural or artificial lighting.
• Use colored gels, practicals, exposure contrast, your outfit and location choice like a pro
• Make yourself look great on-camera with the right lens choice and proper lighting
• Learn the most essential framing, cinematography, and composition techniques
• Get that "cinematic filmmaking look" for your own personal video setup
• 2 point, 3 point, rim light, natural light, high key and low key lighting
4. Record Crystal Clear Sounding Audio
You've worked alongside me to massively upgrade and improve all things visual, now it's time to talk audio. In this section, we dive into different microphone types, recording environments, audio hacks, and getting the absolute best sounding audio quality possible.
• Set your shoot up for crystal clear sounding audio and great sound dynamics
• Learn how top filmmakers get rid of echoes, buzzing, distortions, pops, and hums
• DIY set up to get great sounding vocals for your videos or podcasts at home
• Top audio recording techniques for video creators and filmmakers
• Audio hacks and which mics to use for different filming situations
5. Create Next Level Vids with B-roll and Cutaway Shots
In this step, you're going to walk away with advanced techniques that experienced video creators use to create exciting and engaging videos. This process will allow you to utilize more advanced film techniques in a way that is fun and easy to use regardless of skill level.
• Film a more professional looking video using shot types different cinematography techniques
• Effectively use coverage to set yourself up for success in the editing process
• Get a filmmaker understanding of the purpose and use of each shot type
• Create a more dynamic final product with framing and multiple angles
• How to use the 180 degree rule, rule of thirds, and frame balancing
6. Get That Cinematic Look with Camera Movement
This is one of my favorite parts of the course, creating cinematic shots with camera movement! There's a reason why it's called "motion picture." Here we take a deep dive into how, when, and why to use different movements to create cinematic looking videos.
• Learn the ideal focal length, movement, frame rate, and composition choices for your project
• Get incredible looking and feeling shots using top video production techniques
• Use the same types of camera movement that you see in feature films
• Learn how movement direction, quality, and speed effect your audience
• Bring an overall filmmaking look and style to your videos
7. Make Your Shot List and Film Your Epic Montage
Once you learn these shot list techniques, you won't go back to shooting important projects without one (trust me)! In this hands-on section, you're going to envision, outline, and shoot the type of montage that turns an ordinary project into an extraordinary project.
• Synthesize all the video production techniques learned into your final course video project
• Step by step guide to knocking out your list of specific shots in the best way possible
• In-camera transitions, filmmaking tricks, and how to make an impactful ending shot
• Essentials to create an organized and practical shot list for all future projects
• Cinematography tips and tricks to make your videos stand out
8. Expert Guest Speakers and Video Production Keys to Success
Here you sit down with me and 3 expert guest speakers that have spent years working as successful full-time filmmakers. These lessons will give you the insights, actionable takeaways, and inspiration that will add some extra creative fuel to the skills you've gained in this course!
• Bonus tools and ways to continue getting better shots after graduating this course
• Top pro's and con's of today's most frequently used camera equipment
• Lens choice, equipment, and tips for properly choosing your video gear
• How to continue to make the most out of your skillset and equipment
• Motivation, progress, growth, and success as a video creator
9. Course Bonuses and Progressing Beyond this Course
You've made it! We worked together to build your skillset through each section and then in the last step, we combined the whole process into your very own crystal clear looking and sounding final product. Now it's time for you to go out their and continue to create videos you love!
• Synthesize, recap, and review all of the lessons learned in the course
• Integrate the tools and know how to continue to improve and grow
• Accept my course challenge to start your new series or project
• Special student bonuses for completing the course
• And much more
My biggest goal for you:
The goal of this course is to give you all the knowledge and techniques that I've gained from 10+ years in the film industry (working with clients like Red Bull, Taco Bell, and Discovery Channel) in a way that is fun to learn and easy to understand.
Shooting better videos no matter what:
Whether you're shooting Instagram videos, YouTube videos, short films, music videos, documentaries, videos for professional clients, personal projects, on a smartphone or camera... The actionable takeaways from this course will benefit you regardless of your equipment or budget.
You'll have lifetime access to:
• 85 Individual video lessons
• 6 Hours of learning content
• 8 Downloadable resources
• 6 Detailed case studies
• 4 Bonus video lectures
• 3 Course Articles
• 12 Hands-on lessons
• 10 Interactive exercises
• 3 Expert guest speakers
• 40 Gigabytes of streamable content
• Updates to all future course materials
• One on one with me in the Q&A section
If you want to learn the tools to shoot videos that you're proud of, this is the course for you.
I'll see you inside!
Meet Your Teacher
Learning Exercise: Lighting and Shooting 101
Film Set Experience: Cinematography, Lenses, Lighting, and More
On Set: Setup and Choosing How to Shoot
On Set: Camera Movement and Essential Cinematography Techniques
On Set: Lens Choice and Framing
On Set: Make Better Edits with These Video Coverage Techniques
Maximize Your Video Settings
Get The Most Out of Your Video Settings Overview
Tips For Smartphone Shooters
Nail Your Camera Exposure and ISO Levels
Shutterspeed Fundamentals and Understandings
Learning Exercise: Hands on with Shutterspeed
Synthesizing Your Framerate, ISO, and Shutterspeed Settings
Video Quiz: Your Camera Latitude and Dynamic Range
Hands On: Picture Profile and My Personal Favorite Settings
Use The Correct White Balance Settings
Camera Essentials For Great Looking Video
Case Study: Aperture Essentials
Case Study: Understand Focal Length
Case Study: Key Differences of Frame Rates
Camera Settings Activity Introduction
Learning Exercise: ISO and White Balance
Learning Exercise: Using Focal Length to Enhance Your Shot
Learning Exercise: Using Depth of Field to Create a More Cinematic Image
Studio Setup: Lighting, Settings, Lens, Framing, Practicals, Colored Gels
Hands On: Initial Set Up and Camera Settings with Studio Lighting
Hands On: Rule of Thirds and Focal Length with Studio Lighting
Hands On: High Key, Low Key, and Rim Lighting in a Studio
Hands On: Upgrade Your Shot with "Practicals" in a Studio
Hands On: Effect of Color Gels on Your Studio Lighting
Natural Light Setup: Background, Framing, Lighting, Settings, Lens, Practicals
Hands On: Choose Your Set Using Natural Light
Hands On: Initial Set Up and Camera Specifics Using Natural Light
Hands On: Optimize Your Background and Aperture with Natural Light
Hands On: Proper Framing, Focal Length, and Distance with Natural Light
Full Summary of Studio and Natural Light Setups
Learning Exercise: Film Your Talking Scene with New Techniques
One on One: Getting Cinematic Shots with any Camera
Introduction to Discussion with a Professional Filmmaker
Case Study: Breakdown of Cinematic iPhone Project with Hunter
Case Study: Create Videos that are Shareable and Unique with Hunter
Video Equipment I Recommend
Get Crystal Clear Audio and Microphone Essentials
Main Types of Microphones
Walkthrough: Sound Dynamics in your Environment
How To: DIY for Capturing the Best Sound
3 Ways to Remove Noise Makers from Your Shoot
Hands On: Auto vs. Manual Audio Settings
Behind the Scenes: Explanation of my DIY Setup
Demonstration: Create a Great Voiceover (Lavalier vs. Shotgun Mic)
Smartphone Audio Hack
Learning Exercise: Record Your Crystal Clear Audio
Using B-roll and Cutaway Shots to Upgrade Your Video
Review and Improve Your Footage
Essentials of B-roll and Video Coverage
Importance of Using Multiple Shot Types
Shot Types and Framing In-Depth
Additional Learning: Framing Analysis and Shooting with Multiple Cameras
Additional Learning: The 180 Degree Rule and Frame Balancing
Using Cutaways and Shot Types Recap
Upgrade Your Videos with Camera Movement
Main Types of Camera Movement
In-Depth Analysis of Camera Movement
How Speed of Camera Movement Effects Your Video
Synthesizing Your Camera Techniques Introduction
Hands On: Shoot a Montage with Upgraded Camera Techniques
Learning Exercise: Create Your Own Montage
Create a Shot List and an Exciting Video Montage
Introduction to Shot List Essentials
Learning Exercise: Create Your Shot List
Optimize Camera Settings to Shoot Your Montage
Hands On: Main Techniques to Film What's on Your Shot List
Hands On: Camera Movement and Enhancing Your Montage
Hands On: In-Camera Transitions and Create an Impactful Ending Shot
Learning Exercise: Shoot Your Epic B-roll
Lenses, Cameras, and Audio Equipment
Intro to Learning Session with a Photographer and Video Creator
Advice from an Expert: Entry Level Video Equipment with Luis
Advice from an Expert: Pro's and Con's of Different Types of Equipment with Luis
Advice from an Expert: Lens Specifics, Choice, and Advice with Luis
Advice from an Expert: Motivation, Progress, and Success as a Video Creator
Course Recap, Bonuses, and What's Next
Course Recap and My Creative Challenge for You
Extra Lesson Bonus: Shoot Better Looking Laptop Videos
Extra Lesson Advice: Introduction and Camera Talk with Vlatz
Extra Lesson Advice: Equipment vs. Skill and Maximizing What You Have with Vlatz
Extra Lesson Advice: Video Progress and Giving it Your All with Vlatz
Congratulations: Gift for Completing This Course
Bonus: Special Links to My Other Filmmaking Courses
Speaking as a teacher, this is excellently taught and has some great little tips I didn't know about, even after spending many hours on YouTube watching tutorials.
I have no any idea about the technical knowledge at the beginning. After following past 3 sections, I feel that I can handle the camera in proper way. There is long way to go.
Great course, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Julian is a very passionate videographer and the course contain tons of useful information. Awesome!
So Good, Julian You absolutely Nailed it. I have learned a lot about Camera Settings and Cinematography.
Great course for someone like me who wants to understand the full picture of making videos from start to finish. Most other courses only concentrate on only an aspect of making videos but this one covers all the topics I wanted to understand. Also, the presentation is well-paced and Julian's style is very engaging.
Very engaging experience so far. Learning a lot. Hopefully will be able to upload all exercises within a week.
Parts of the course are better than others. I've liked the camera settings section and audio. The interviews are the weakest part of the course. That iPhone video was terrible, that guy is not an expert. Overall it's good. I have some experience with creating video content and have learned a couple of gems so far. Also please please stop chewing gum while talking!
I am personally very impressed by this course. It is not only highly informative but I find myself enjoying this very much. You are highly charismatic with just the right amount of humor and it is very evident how much work you put into creating a high value end product such as this. I would recommend this course to anyone at all and am looking forward to taking more of your courses in the future! I even am enjoying going back over the basics which is a feat in its' own right! I can only imagine how happy people are to have chosen you as their content creators and I just may have to do the same down the road. Seriously excellent work!
It is going great. I'm very thankful to god that I have got the chance to learn this cinematography from such a loving and knowledgable guy. Thank you so much sir and Thank you God.
Julian brings amazing energy to this course. He's got a ton of experience creating compelling video content and in this course, he communicates the techniques that he has honed to help you create entertaining, beautiful, and professional-looking content. This course is a great start for beginners, but also provides lots of helpful hints for more experienced creators.
This course was truly amazing! I really felt like Julian was talking directly to me. He is so personal yet really knowledgeable and talented. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Julian is a magnetic, innovative and inspiring instructor!! TAKE THIS COURSE!! I will apply what I learned to create short videos and longer classes as well as to promote my small business on my website and social media. It has EVERYTHING in there to not only make videos but make them relevant, creative and authentic. Highly recommend!
Absolutely loved this course! As a videographer in training, it really gave me the hands-on experience, confidence, and know how to go out and shoot! Really looking forward to implementing all of the skills and techniques I learned from the learning lessons and guest speakers!
Julian is a wonderful instructor! He is able to break down processes in a easy to understand approach. He will inspire you for sure!
Julian continues to amaze me with such personalized content that helps elevate my skillset exponentially. Thank you so much Julian - always a loyal returning customer :)