Privacy and Security Policy
Last update: Octobre 15, 2021
We do not sell personal information about anyone who uses our services. Ever. That wouldn’t be fair.
We created Comidoc because the existing model for online courses shopping doesn’t work well for most people. People shop in isolation, spend countless hours searching for quality courses and never know if they’re getting the best price.
So we decided to build a community that uses the collective insights of our users and members to power tools that allow everyone to shop smarter, together. Similar to applications that enable commuters to cut through traffic and save time, which are powered by their users and members providing information about speed and congestion, Comidoc users and members share real-time information with the rest of the community and help everyone save time and money in the process.
Want to know if a promo coupon code works? Sure, another member just tested all of the codes with Comidoc five minutes ago. Want to see when a course you’re interested in goes on sale? Another Comidoc member is helping us update the price right now. When shoppers hunt for deals together, rather than on their own, everyone saves time and money. Everybody wins.
We understand this community network approach isn’t for everyone and that’s okay. We think the vast majority of our users and members will see the value of sharing things like successful promo codes and price drops with each other and will learn first-hand how it helps everyone save a lot of time and money. But, it’s up to you, and we give you the choice to opt out at any time.
Our stance on privacy is simple: We will be transparent with what data we collect and how we use it to save you time and money, and you can decide if you’re good with that.
If this sounds fair, then let’s start shopping smarter, together.
Use of information you share and we collect
In order to deliver Comidoc’s products to our users and members, to provide support for those products, to improve those products, and to create new products and services to help users and members save time and money, Comidoc collects information from you during your use of the Services. We collect information you share directly with Comidoc and other information during your use of Comidoc’s products and during your interactions with us.
Information you share
When you become a member of Comidoc you share a limited amount of information in connection with the registration process, including your name, email address, member password and other registration information. As you continue to use Comidoc’s products, you can save items of interest to you to monitor price drops and share promotional codes and deals you found useful for other users and members to benefit from. Sharing this additional information is optional and does not impact your use of Comidoc’s products.
The Comidoc Mobile App allows you to make purchases from third party merchants. When you use the Comidoc Mobile App, including to make a purchase, you share related information, including items you add to your cart, and information needed to complete purchases, including your shipping address and billing address. You also share your payment information, but, as explained further below, we do not retain such information.
Information we collect
- In addition to information that you share with us, Comidoc’s products automatically collect certain information to enable Comidoc’s products, including the Extension, to function properly and to help us better understand how our products work on various devices and browsers. That includes the type of devices you use, your device’s unique IDs where available or set, your IP address, your operating system, your device identifier, mobile operating system, information about purchases made using the Comidoc Mobile App, the type of browsers you use, URLs and domain names, how you engage with websites you visit when using Comidoc’s products (for example, how the Extension provides promotional codes on visited websites), error logs, and other similar information. This information also allows us to upgrade and improve your experience (for example, by working to correct any errors you may experience during your use of Comidoc’s products).
- Comidoc’s products also collect information during the online shopping experience, including information about what promotional codes or coupons were used, pricing and availability of items, and information about how our products are used during the shopping experience. When you use the Comidoc Mobile App, we collect information about the items you view and purchase, including the merchant and price history of such items.
- We take our users’ and our members’ time seriously and always want to make sure that any communication or service we provide is useful and relevant. It is in this spirit and scope that we also collect information which allows us to know whether you took an action based upon our communications (such as a message we send to you in response to a question we receive from you). To do that we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email or visited a link we sent.
- We are always happy to help our users and members when you reach out with questions. The information we collect during that process is used to better improve Comidoc’s products and the experience of our users and members.
Information we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us save our users and members time and money. While you are using the Extension, this does NOT include any information from your search engine history or from your email. We also do not collect bank or credit card account information unless you expressly provide those to us in connection with your use of the Service. That means while you are using the Extension and Comidoc is saving you money, we are only collecting information about products, pricing and savings, not your financial information.
Your choices for managing your information
We have made it easy and simple to opt out of Comidoc’s products at any time. You can easily uninstall the Extension and if you have any issues you can contact our support team for assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also uninstall the Comidoc Mobile App in the same way you would uninstall other mobile apps from your mobile device. We have also given members the ability to control the data we collect, while still continuing to use our products. This information can be adjusted in the accounts settings pages, but limiting the information you offer to provide may impact Comidoc’s ability to provide certain products to you.
If you are an individual accessing Comidoc’s products from the European Economic Area, please see the section below entitled “Additional privacy and security information” for further information regarding additional rights you have.
How do we share your information with third parties?
Comidoc Mobile App
Comidoc Products (Including the Comidoc Mobile App)
We may also be required to disclose information under these limited situations:
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a government request, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- with a buyer, affiliate or other successor if Comidoc is involved in a merger, acquisition, similar corporate transaction. In such instances, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result of such transaction.
Additional privacy and security information:
Users and members residing in the European Economic Area:
Controller: We are a private company, established in France. Our address is 50 Rue Saint Andre des Arts, 75006 Paris, France. Our contact email address is email@example.com. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation we are the data controller.
Legal Bases: We describe in the section above titled ‘Use of information shared and collected’ the purposes for which we use the data collected and shared. Where we are using the data in order to provide Comidoc’s products to you, our legal basis for such use is on the basis of our contract with you. For all other purposes our legal basis is our legitimate interest in running our business, including ensuring Comidoc’s products function properly and improving and creating new products and services except where we obtain your consent for a particular processing, in which event the legal basis will be your consent.
Your rights: You have the following rights with regard to your personal data, which you may exercise any of these rights above, please by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
- Access and portability: You are entitled to request access to your personal data we hold and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete .
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- Objection: You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
- Withdrawal of consent: In the event we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Cease use: Finally, you may always cease using Comidoc’s products, and you may uninstall the Extension. After a reasonable time following such uninstallation, as set forth below, Comidoc’s products would no longer have access to your personal information.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Users and members residing in California
California residents are permitted to ask any Internet based company, including Comidoc, to identify categories of personal information shared with affiliates and/or third parties for direct marketing purposes. Comidoc does not share personal information with any affiliate or third party for direct marketing purposes without your prior approval. If you are a California resident and would like us to confirm in writing that we have not provided any of your personal information to affiliates and/or third parties for direct marketing purposes, please submit a written request to email@example.com and we will do so at no cost to you.
Comidoc only keeps information attributable to you as long as is required to provide and enable you to use Comidoc’s products, including making purchases using the Comidoc Mobile App, and as required to fulfill our legal requirements and defend legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of Comidoc’s products, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
If you would like us to delete the information you provided, you can always contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can explain how we can delete your profile immediately. Once you delete your profile, there is no longer any data attributable to you.
We use “cookies” and other semi-persistent but non-personally identifying member identification markers to identify members (“IDs”). When you join as a member and create an account, information you share, and we collect, will be synced with these IDs.
If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We created Comidoc for the exclusive use of adults aged 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18; if you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for Comidoc’s products or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18 who you believe may have provided us personal information, and/or posted information on any publicly-viewable portion of Comidoc’s products please contact us at email@example.com for our assistance, including to request removal of such information.
We take precautions to protect and safeguard our users’ and our members’ information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect and process. This includes, limiting access to employees, vendors, and others; use of pseudonymization and anonymization techniques where feasible; and use of encryption techniques when transmitting information. Nonetheless, we are unable to guarantee that user or member information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.